- Lunch Box Auction: ask co-workers to bring in boxed lunches filled with favourite lunchtime treats. Label each lunch box with ingredients (especially important for allergy sensitive bidders). Recruit an auctioneer to auction off lunch boxes starting at $5 or $10.
- VIP Parking Spot: hold a draw for the chance to win the monthly use of the parking spot closest to the front door.
- Manager Job Switch Sale: For an hour, day, or afternoon, auction off the right to be "manager".
- Donate Vacation Days: Check with your human resources department to see if your company will make a contribution in lieu of unused vacation time.
- Office Bingo: for a donation of $5 per bingo card, employees get to participate in bingo. Numbers are emailed out every hour until you have a winner!
- Percentage of sales: (if not applicable to your place of employment, consider approaching another local business) For example: for the month of April, 10% of sales will be donated to the JDRF.
- Jail A Manager: Place a management employee "under arrest" charging $1 - $5 a minute to keep him/her in jail. I suppose for $20, the manager could post bail!
Home or Community Fundraisers:
- Mowing Down Diabetes: Mow your neighbours' lawns for donations.
- Neighbourhood Block Party: have a block party with games and other activities and charge a fee to participate in each one.
- Gourmet Meal At Your Home: for a donation of $50 per couple, invite people over for a great meal.